Comat has developed an innovative antenna-pointing mechanism, in collaboration with the French Space Agency (CNES).
- A unique parallel architecture offering 3 degrees of freedom (Azimuth, Site, Zoom)
- Excellent agility for antenna-pointing applications
- Infinite azimuth turns
- Dual polarization through 2 RF cables, without slip rings
- Very low jitter thanks to a reduced mobile mass (since the 3 actuators remain stationary on the baseplate)
- Easy-to-use central hold down & release system
- Compliant with ECSS standards.
This equipment is intended for X band telemetry downlink to be flown onboard next generations of Earth Observation satellites. The Tripod orients a Ø220 mm high-gain parabolic X-band antenna.
1° (worst case)
Maximum pointing speed in tracking mode
Station transition time
8s (average) / 25s (worst case)
Infinite azimuth rotation
Lifetime in low Earth orbit
2 Gbps with low insertion loss (<1.5 dB @ pointing system level)